Today, I went to the cemetery and visited some family. Friday would have been my oldest brother's 50th birthday, so I brought him some flowers. It breaks my heart that he wasn't named (he was lost at around the same gestation my babies were lost) and that there are so many lost babies from the same time frame buried there who have gone unnamed. I know it was the thing to do with these types of losses at the time, but I just wish my mom was here so I could ask her what his name is (I know if he had lived, he would have had my oldest living brother's name, but I'm sure my mom had a name in her mind for this little boy after she had the rest of us).
Anyway, I also visited my oldest sister (who died at two months old), my grandparents, and my great-grandparents. The baby section had a beautiful statue that I just had to take a picture of.
Hubby found this whole thing pretty depressing, especially "Babyland." (If we would have had the twins buried, there's no doubt that they would have been in this cemetery.) Oh well. This is something I've been meaning to do for a while, and I am glad I finally got there. I just wish that my oldest brother was here with us to celebrate his birthday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment