Thirty-three

The good news is that I responded to the Femara. The bad news is that my response wasn't any different than with Clomid. Actually, it might have been worse. My lining is looking great, as always, but only my right side had any follicles. I had one lead follicle at 18mm and a ton of tiny ones. I have never seen that many follicles on my ovary (there were probably between 8 and 10 teeny tiny follicles), and I'm kind of afraid that I might end up developing a cyst and have to sit next month out. Let's hope for the best.

I don't know what it is, but these doctors seemed bound and determined to inseminate me on day 14. Unfortunately, my cycles cause day 14 to land on Saturday, and the insemination has to be before 11am. It's no secret that hubby and I aren't morning people, and the fact that we have to wake up before 8 in order to make it to his appointment at 9 is not a good thing. I think this is why his samples were so poor the first two months, so we will see if my theory is correct when we go in this weekend. His diet is pretty much the same as last month's, with the addition of being vegan. I swear that if we make it to our last IUI cycle in July, I am going to force him to gorge on beer and fast food. That was pretty much his diet when we were doing treatments before, and his counts were well over 100 million post wash. I think his swimmers thrive on the nasty food he used to eat. Now that he's on a super healthy diet, his counts are waaaaay under 100 million post wash. It perplexes me that a healthier lifestyle would cause such negative effects. I guess I can chalk it all up to stress.

I started looking at adoption information yesterday. Unfortunately, hubby and I have to both be over 30 to adopt from China. It would be another few years before that's an option for us. He is pretty set on adopting from Africa, but I still think we should stick to domestic adoption. It's so overwhelming looking into this because there is SO much information we need to know. On the other hand, it feels good to at least start researching the topic because I'm pretty certain we're going to end up traveling down this road sooner than later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment