Thirty-eight

Good things are finally starting to happen.

Like I said, I finished up my Master's degree this week. As luck would have it, my high school's librarian resigned and now they're looking for a replacement. I've known quite a few alumni who have been hired on, so I'm hoping to have an advantage. It doesn't hurt that my sister works at one of the elementary schools. I so very much want this job. I never thought that I would want to go back to my high school, but I am so amped about this opening and can't contain my excitement. It's the closest school that's hiring, and I'm already familiar with the library and the district (I went there K-12, after all!). AAAAHHHH. Keep your fingers crossed!

In case I don't get that one, there are five more openings in or around Columbus that I will be applying to. Like I said, I wouldn't hate moving to Columbus. I like the city, it's not too far away, and I would probably be paid pretty well.

I am feeling incredibly motivated by these job postings. I even made a second portfolio website, so those who are hiring can take a look at the work I've done. I wasn't going to do one, but the fact that my high school is hiring (and I know everyone who's graduating from my program with me will be applying) has lit a fire under my ass. I need to give myself an edge. (For those who want to be bored/confused out of your mind, here's the link to my portfolio.)

I've made the decision that if by some miracle I get a job, Mady and Liam's younger sibling is going to have to be put on hold for a little bit (unless he or she is already with me). I really don't want to be that person who gets the job and then has to take tons of time off during my first year to be on bed rest or in the hospital. It would be different if I didn't know that my body is extremely likely to repeat what it did to the twins. If the twins' prematurity was a fluke, I would have no reservations and would keep pushing ahead. However, I know better. I've come to terms with the fact that my career will put our family on hold. That's not a bad thing, though, seeing as how we would be able to save up some money for IVF or adoption.

Anyway, I'm entering 7 days post-IUI. Nothing new to report. I'm still having occasional twinges in my right ovary, and I'm hoping that I'm not developing a cyst (my practice doesn't do a baseline ultrasound unless you're on injections, so I won't know unless the pain gets worse or they see something at my next follicle check. Poo.). I'm still having night sweats and hot flashes (these side effects on Clomid stopped once I ovulated), so that's strange. Also, my face is looking like a pizza again. I'm covered in zits and am soooo oily. Bleh. I feel like a teenager. On the plus side, I'm not nearly as bloated as I was on Clomid. It's nice to not look five months pregnant and to actually have my pants be a little loose for once!

It's liberating not charting this month. I thought I would be freaking out about not knowing if my temperature is being steady or rocky, but I'm really not. It's nice to not pick up my phone every two minutes to stare at my chart on my Fertility Friend app, willing my temperature to stay up. I'm holding strong and haven't been testing out my trigger. I hope that I'm able to wait until next Saturday to test, but I'm sure I'll break down on Thursday or Friday. I'll just have to try to tune into my body and see how I'm feeling. I just hope that I don't have four days of spotting again like I have been the past few months (I will have my doctor check my progesterone if this happens).

Honestly, so much stress has been lifted by the prospect of actually finding a job. I know I'll be upset if I do start my period, but at least I have something else to distract me that might yield positive results.

0 comments:

Post a Comment