Forty-four

Today, I am five weeks and two days. I wish I could jump ahead because it's killing me that I'm still so early and something bad can happen at any moment. Is it February yet?

Everything is going okay, I guess. I haven't had any spotting or cramping, so that's good. The progesterone gel is pretty gross, but I'll do what I have to do to keep this baby cooking. I'm not really having symptoms other than my boobs hurting and being tired. I'm waiting for the nausea to hit. I've also found myself lucky enough to have picked up a cold from somewhere. My throat is on fire. I'm making sure there's no fever present and am trying to stay hydrated. I also spend pretty much all day in bed, so obviously I'm getting rest. Here's hoping this doesn't last for a long time.

Father's Day was obviously emotional for me. For those who read my crazy hormonal post on Sunday night, I apologize. Even though I have a good thing going in my life, it is still so hard to be around my family. The fact that hubby was upset that day didn't make anything easier.

Anyway, I had a mini meltdown yesterday. I officially didn't get the job at my high school. While I didn't expect a miracle, I thought I had a pretty good shot since I went there. The principal talked about how I was a good candidate but he wanted someone with experience (I swear to god, if it's someone who graduated from my program with me, I am going to go ballistic). He also went on and on about how it's hard to get that first job. Don't I know it? How am I supposed to get experience if no one will hire me? Since there was no second interview, I got the feeling that they already knew who they were going to hire before they even interviewed. That's what ticks me off the most. They brought me in and got my hopes up. After the phone call, I became hysterical. I just hate the fact that I'm closer to 30 than I'd like and am yet to have a career (or a full-time job, for that matter). I wish I could catch a break and actually contribute to our finances. The fact we might have a baby soon stresses me out even more (those little suckers aren't cheap!).

Don't get me wrong, hubby's salary will get us by. We'll be okay. That's it, though. Just okay. I grew up like that and swore I would never subject my children to a lifestyle of just scraping by. Now I'm debating if I want to go ahead and find a temporary job so I can stockpile some money just in case the bean survives. Hubby wants me to stay home and lay in bed for the rest of the year. He also expressed his desire for me to stay at home for a year with the baby. While I would absolutely love that, there's no doubt that money makes the world go round, and we just don't have much of it for the time being.

I guess this decision is going to have to wait until after I see the high-risk doctor in a few weeks. I need to figure out if she's going to want to put me on bedrest for the majority of my pregnancy or if she will let me work.

Other than that, there's not much to report. Just trying to pass the time until my ultrasound next week. It seems so far away...

0 comments:

Post a Comment