Nothing new going on. I started having stretching pains when I cough. I wish this stupid chest cold would go away already.
Almost halfway through my two week wait for my ultrasound. I have quite a bit planned in the next week, so hopefully next Friday gets here soon.
I've been feeling kind of sad and nostalgic today. It would have been my grandma's 95th birthday if she were still with us. I always thought it would be so cool to be born on the longest day of the year.
It's not like I knew my grandma extremely well. She lived in Florida for the first almost seven years of my life. Once she moved back to Ohio, I only saw her a few times a year. Regardless, I do have some good memories of her. My other grandma died when I was three, so this grandma was all I have in terms of warm, fuzzy feelings of what a grandma is. Even so, I wish we could have known each other better. I wish I could have had the same relationship with my grandparents that all of my friends had with theirs. Oh, more regrets.
Reflecting on my relationship with my grandparents has me feeling both happy and sad. My children are only going to have one grandma. It might not be long before they are left with one grandpa (since my dad is so stubborn regarding his health). It breaks my heart that my mom is gone and my dad seems determined to follow her. However, I am fortunate to have the in-laws that I do. They have been amazing grandparents to the twins and our myriad of pets. I am just looking forward to being able to see the great and special relationship grand kids are supposed to have with their grandparents.
(As for my side of the family, I am grateful that when my dad passes away, my children will know their aunts and uncles and will still have a relationship with my family. That's another thing that I never had.)






0 comments:
Post a Comment