Forty-eight

We have one little bean growing in there! The doctor said it's right on track for growth and heart rate (we even got to hear the heartbeat!). He gave us a due date of February 16 (my OB says the 17th) and will be seeing us again when I'm about 10 weeks.


Is it wrong that I got kind of sad when seeing this? I'm so used to seeing two little babies that this one just looks so lonely... Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely stoked that there's one healthy baby in there, but it's going to take some getting used to seeing it by itself.

My appointment with the OB nurse yesterday was reassuring. She told me that I will be going in to see either an OB or my high-risk doctor pretty much every two weeks. She really didn't give me any new information since I've been through at least part of a pregnancy before. I did find it odd that they now include a crocheted baby hat in the bag full of informational pamphlets and magazines. Because you know, everyone goes on to have a baby who can wear one... That made me kind of sad. Here's hoping this little bean gets to wear that hat.

2 comments:

Grandma said...

LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

Baby's excited Aunt Beth said...

Cherish every day you have with this baby, and before you know it, he or she will be in your arms and wearing that hat. Your baby is beautiful!

Post a Comment