
There are a couple of pictures of our newest little princess, Lola. She looks way bigger than she is in these pictures. She's actually very tiny, and it cracks me up that she looks like a full-sized boxer that has been shrunk down. She doesn't really have the puppy look to her. Oh, and don't you like the sweater that her daddy just HAD to buy for her? He swore that she was getting too cold being outside and needed a shirt to wear. We're on day three together, and I can say with confidence that she is the neediest puppy I've ever met. We put her in her crate, and she just starts howling. In order to get some sleep last night, I ended up sleeping with her cuddled on one side and Lucy cuddled on the other. The surprising thing was that she didn't wet the bed! She is doing remarkably well with her potty training. It's awesome.
Anyway, I had my ultrasound today. I was shocked to see that I have responded way better than I have the past couple of months. I really thought this would be the one where I would go in and find out that there are no follicles (all of the Clomid symptoms disappeared this month, so that had me worried). I have two follicles on the right (18mm and 16mm) and a 16mm follicle on the left. My lining looks "perfect." But of course, this has to be too good to be true. The doctor wanted to schedule the insemination for Saturday. I can't do Saturday because of the darn Praxis, so he's letting us come in Friday afternoon. My concern is that this will be the earliest ovulation I've ever had (to my knowledge). I'll be inseminated on day 12. All of my other IUI cycles, I've either done IUI on day 14 or day 16 (the month I got pregnant). The doctor also said that the smaller follicles probably won't be mature enough by then, so we're really only working with one again. I tried to convince him to inseminate on Sunday or Monday, but he thought that would be waiting too long. The only plus to this is that hubby might produce a better sample since he'll be going in the afternoon and will be able to get some decent rest beforehand. Regardless, the doctor told me to get in contact with my main doctor there to discuss our options because they're definitely cutting us off from Clomid after this one. Needless to say, staying calm is getting harder and harder.
Okay, I can't say ALL of my Clomid symptoms left this month. I got pretty emotional after this ultrasound. I decided to drive a back way to get home because of a wreck on the interstate. This route included driving past the retirement community that my mom's parents used to live in. I was already on the verge of tears while thinking about this month being sabotaged by a teaching license that I won't be using, but just driving past pushed me over the edge. My grandparents moved there when I was six. I visited them there every so often with my mom, spent a week there with my sister, and we had two family parties a year. That was up until my grandpa's death in 2010 (though after my mom died in 2006, it definitely wasn't the same). I had a lot of good times there when I was little. Seeing the place just reminded me of a better time, I guess. Back when I was young and naive and hadn't really been touched by loss yet. One of the buildings in the retirement community was where my mom collapsed when she died. My grandma died there. My grandpa died there. It was very stupid of me to choose that route on a day like today because I spent the rest of the drive crying. This was made worse by the fact that I got stuck in traffic right in front of the school in which I did my student teaching. For those who don't know, pretty much my whole pregnancy was spent at that school. Ugggghhhhh. I was lucky to have two sweet dogs to come home to because they have made me feel a little better.
One thing can be said for if we don't move on with treatments. I sure won't miss the uncontrollable emotions.






0 comments:
Post a Comment