Fifteen

Dinner yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sure, it was still a little sad and painful, but at least I got to eat my feelings. I just have to keep telling myself to keep fighting and moving ahead.

Anyway, I have decided to torture myself and have been trying to test out my trigger shot again. This time, I am taking each test and taping it to a labeled piece of paper so I can see the progression. I am 10 days post trigger now and it's still in my system. It's a very faint line at this point, so I think it should be gone sometime in the next couple of days. I refuse to stress out like I did last month.

I don't know what it is, but I'm feeling a little more laid back this time around. It might be the fact that my temperature chart is kind of promising. I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high because my temperature could plummet on any day, but right now, it's looking great.

For those of you who don't understand what I'm talking about, let me give a brief explanation. A woman can chart her basal body temperature (your temperature upon waking up) to monitor her fertility. Temperatures before ovulation are generally lower, and there should be a consistent rise once ovulation has occurred. Progesterone levels during the luteal phase keep the temperatures up. When your period is on its way, your temperature drops. That's really when you know if you're pregnant or not. The key is to take your temperature at the same time each day after at least three hours of sleep. I hope this explanation makes sense... If you want to know more, you can go to fertilityfriend.com and look at their education section.

Here is a chart comparison for this month (purple) and the month during which I got pregnant with the twins (green). The vertical red line indicates when I ovulated. You can see that the pregnant month, I had a pretty consistent rise in temperatures with no major dips throughout. This month has a couple of dips, but it's still pretty good.

 
Here is a chart comparison of this month (purple) and the second month of IUI last time (green). My temperature the second month of IUI last year was obviously all over the place. I've been charting since January 2011 (with a break for when I was pregnant and the two months I was on birth control after my loss), and almost every one of my charts looks like this during my two week wait. As you can see, it's hard not to at least be a little hopeful.


And just for fun, here is a chart comparison of all of my IUI charts. It's kind of hard to look at, but I've been staring at this thing for like an hour. This month's chart is the lime green. Last month's is the orange. It's so low because I was using a different thermometer that obviously reads temperatures way lower than my trusty one I've used for all of my other charts.


AAAAHHHHH!!! Keep your fingers and toes crossed that my temperature doesn't drop!

0 comments:

Post a Comment