Eighteen


We finally got a picture of our new little girl. We'll be picking her up next Monday and are having a hard time picking a name (heck, Lucy didn't have a name for like a week after we got her. I am trying to do better this time.). I always said I would stick to a Peanuts theme since we have Lucy, but this dog does not look like a Sally, Peppermint Patty, or Marcie. I also thought of sticking with the Chicken Little theme I seem to have started (I have my Loosey Goosey and Henny Penny), but I don't like my other options. Right now, I am leaning toward Lola. However, I am apprehensive because I can think of three songs off the top of my head that I will probably sing on a daily basis. Hmm. I guess I have some thinking to do.

Anyway. After spending the weekend cramping and spotting on and off, I started my period yesterday. I start my Clomid tomorrow and have my ultrasound next Wednesday. I kind of just want to get this cycle over with so I know which way this is going to go and can figure out what the heck I am doing with my life.

Since we've been upset, hubby and I have been keeping busy on his two days off. I finally painted the hallway (I put up painter's tape almost two years ago and never picked a color...), and we started ripping out the carpets. I found an awesome deal on laminate flooring and was able to buy 430 square feet of the stuff plus padding to put under it for under $400. We'll be doing the hallway, living room, and dining room. I am excited to finally get my house looking like I want it to. Now we just need to buy our darn sofa and dining chair covers from IKEA.

I have also allowed myself to absolutely binge on gluten the past couple of days. I've eaten pizza, bagels, bread, cupcakes, cookies, and pasta. Oh man. It's glorious. Now husband has it in his head that he wants to go vegan, so I guess I better start getting my cheese consumption in while I still can before he bans that from being in the house...

Other than that, there's nothing new. All I can ask is for everyone to keep your fingers and toes crossed that I respond well to my medicine so we can hopefully get a baby at the beginning of next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment