Sixty-nine

17 weeks, 0 days

Still holding strong (or as strong as I can). I feel a little bit of relief knowing that I will be getting ultrasounds every week. It eases my mind, even though I know that in the end, those ultrasounds might not matter at all. (I went from a 3.5 cm cervix to nothing in a matter of hours last time...) It helps that I'm getting those progesterone shots now. They may not do anything, but at least I'm doing something to try to prevent another loss.


The pain went away for pretty much the whole week. It turns out all I needed was to get up and walk around for a little bit. I'm starting to feel ligament and back pain now, so I might suggest to hubby that we take a walk after he gets off work. There hasn't been any more bleeding since Monday, so that's good, though my husband is driving me bonkers because he asks me at least five times a day if I'm bleeding. It's going to be a long road to viability.

There really isn't anything new to report. Bean is moving around a lot more these days. It's a new experience for me since I had an anterior placenta last time and didn't get to feel so much. I can definitely tell when he's awake already. I am hoping that my husband gets to feel him moving in the next couple of weeks. 

Oh, that reminds me. So I spend most days like this:

 

I think I've mentioned this before. Lucy has to be on or near my belly at almost all times these days. She isn't normally a cuddly dog, but she's extra cuddly when I'm pregnant. Well, she was on me like the picture above a couple of days ago, and I felt our little guy kicking at her. Lucy didn't feel anything, but I did. I thought it was pretty funny. She's in for it if he stays with us. He is going to have a fun time messing with her.

Anyway, here's the weekly update: 

Baby, fetus at 17 weeks - BabyCenter

Your baby's skeleton is changing from soft cartilage to bone, and the umbilical cord — her lifeline to the placenta — is growing stronger and thicker. Your baby weighs 5 ounces now (about as much as a turnip), and she's around 5 inches long from head to bottom. She can move her joints, and her sweat glands are starting to develop.

See you on Tuesday after my ultrasound.

0 comments:

Post a Comment