18 weeks, 0 days
One week closer to the "danger zone." The pressure is definitely on. I freak out about every little twinge or gas pain. I check for blood every hour. I need to invest in some Gas-X or Metamucil so maybe I can get rid of the gas pains and ease my mind a little bit. (Pregnancy is so glamorous...) Just six more weeks until viability. I can do this.
There's not much of a difference this week as far as symptoms go. The progesterone shot didn't throw me for such a loop this week, so that was good. No pain at the injection site, no tiredness, no nausea. Smooth sailing. The only thing I've noticed is some minor swelling in my fingers and ankles (could be because our air conditioning is on the fritz and it gets pretty hot in here), so the wedding rings had to come off. I'm planning on buying a cheap band to wear because it's driving me nuts not having a ring on. Oh, and I also noticed that I get winded after I eat. Ha. I had this problem with the twins and it always ended up I had to teach lessons after lunch. I sounded like an obese old man, huffing and puffing. I bet the kids got a kick out of it. At least I don't have to teach this time and can just huff and puff at my dogs.
Not much difference in my bump since that growth spurt. I'm just counting down the days until my belly button pops out. It really is amazing how big I am already. I guess that's what happens when you get pregnant six months after giving birth to twins...
I only have one doctor appointment this week (my weekly ultrasound). I'm hoping Abel cooperates and lets us see his face this time. I'm not expecting much because it's our earliest ultrasound ever. I'm never awake that early, so I'm guessing baby boy isn't going to be up to the same antics he was last week. Maybe he'll be sleeping on his back and we can get some good pictures and measurements. I hope so, at least.
Anyway, here's the weekly update:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper)
and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs —
movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead.
His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are
now in their final position, although they're still standing out from
his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form
around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's
born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed
and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now,
but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
See you Tuesday.






0 comments:
Post a Comment